Top News Stories
Damning IAEA report spells out past secret nuclear activities in Iran
June 1, 2025
Special Report
Israel About To Attack Iran Nuke Facilities
May 31, 2025
Special Report
Israel Abet To Attack Iran’s Nuclear Sights
May 31, 2025
This is static description
Special Report
Israel calls on world to ‘act now to stop Iran’
May 31, 2025
The office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called on the global community to take action to stop Iran from building its nuclear program after the latest report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) showed Tehran is continuing to enrich uranium.
“The report strongly reinforces what Israel has been saying for years – the purpose of Iran’s nuclear program is not peaceful. This is evident from the alarming scope of Iran’s uranium enrichment activity. Such a level of enrichment exists only in countries actively pursuing nuclear weapons and has no civilian justification whatsoever,” Netanyahu’s office stated. “The international community must act now to stop Iran,” it added.
The IAEA report said that Iran increased its stockpile of 60%-enriched uranium by about 50% since early February to 408.6 kilograms, but Tehran has insisted it is not interested in acquiring a nuclear weapon.
Top News Stories
Iran said to vow ‘severe’ response if US destroys its nuclear sites
May 31, 2025
Iran warned that United States President Donald Trump’s threat to destroy Tehran’s nuclear facilities is a “clear red line,” stressing that crossing it would have “severe consequences,” Fars News reported on Friday, citing an anonymous official.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran has always shown that it will not surrender to bullying. If the US is seeking a diplomatic solution, it must distance itself from the language of threats and sanctions and adhere to its international obligations,” the official allegedly said.
Trump has repeatedly warned that the US could launch airstrikes targeting Iran’s nuclear sites if the deal between the two countries isn’t reached.
NN: We are approaching a critical phase. This could trigger a nclear exchange
Special Report
Dropping The Ball
May 30, 2025
Special Report
Damned If You Do And Dead IF Don’t
May 28, 2025
Top News Stories
Big US banks said to be exploring stablecoin launch
May 23, 2025
Several major United States banks are discussing the launch of a joint stablecoin, a type of digital currency meant to maintain a fixed value, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The talks involve JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc. and Wells Fargo & Co. along with companies they co-own such as Early Warning Services LLC, which operates Zelle, and The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC, which runs a real-time payments network. The proposed stablecoin aims to speed up payments, especially for cross-border transactions and help banks “compete with the crypto industry.” The effort reportedly remains in early stages and may shift depending on demand and regulation.
NN: This is a big mistake
Top News Stories
Coinbase cyberattack
May 18, 2025
Coinbase Global said it’s working with law enforcement to track down an unknown “threat actor” that paid its contractors working in support roles for the company outside the U.S. to obtain personal information of its customer base. Coinbase did not say how many of its clients were affected, but it had already informed them about the breach after it detected it months ago and fired the contractors involved. Coinbase said customer passwords and private keys were protected by its systems, and “at no time were any of the targeted contractors or employees able to access customer funds.” However, the affected data included names, home and email addresses, phone numbers, the last four digits of Social Security numbers, masked bank-account numbers and some bank-account identifiers. The breach also included government-ID images such as passports and driver’s licenses, account data such as balance snapshots and transaction history and limited Coinbase corporate data such as documents, training materials and communications to support agents. Coinbase said it plans to open a new support hub in the U.S. as well as take other prevention measures. It estimated expenses of $180 million to $400 million for remediation costs and voluntary customer reimbursements related to the problem, and said the dollar figure could change as it assesses the impact. It did not say if the cost estimates include the price of launching a U.S. service center. “The threat actor appears to have obtained this information by paying multiple contractors or employees working in support roles outside the United States to collect information from internal Coinbase systems to which they had access in order to perform their job responsibilities,” the company said. Coinbase said it has already terminated the personnel involved and “implemented heightened fraud-monitoring protections” in previous months after its security monitoring detected the trouble.
Top News Stories
Coinbase drops 4% after cyberattack
May 16, 2025
Coinbase says some user data stolen in cyberattack
Shares of Coinbase Global Inc. slid more than 4% on Thursday after the company disclosed it had been targeted by hackers.
The crypto platform said that less than 1% of customers’ data was stolen in the cyberattack, but insisted no passwords, private keys, or funds were exposed and added it will reimburse users who were tricked into sending funds to the attacker.
Coinbase’s stock plunged 4.75% to $251.39 at 9:39 am ET.