Top News Stories

Israel says will strike ‘significant targets’ in Tehran

June 17, 2025

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz told reporters on Tuesday that his country’s Air Force plans to strike “very significant targets, strategic targets, targets of the regime and infrastructure” in Tehran today. He noted that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) will issue a n evacuation warning ahead of the attacks for those in the area. The Israeli minister also claimed that there are “more than ten nuclear targets” in Tehran that his country is “on the verge of destroying” and added that the Iranian underground nuclear enrichment facility Fordow is “an issue that will certainly be addressed.”

NN: world is at a critical junction

Image

Top News Stories

IAEA sees no major damage at Iran nuclear sites

June 16, 2025

Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, stated in a press conference on Monday that there are no signs of further damage at the Natanz or Fordow enrichment facilities in Iran. “The agency is and will remain present in Iran. Safeguards inspections in Iran will continue as soon as safety conditions allow, as is required under Iran’s NPT safeguards obligations,” Grossi told journalists. He also informed that the electricity infrastructure at Nazans was destroyed, and the loss of power to a cascade hall may have damaged the centrifuges there.

NN: Trump needs to authorize the dropping of the bunker buster bomb on the Nazans and Fordow nuclear weapons sights and end this

Top News Stories

This Is The Beginning For Israel

June 15, 2025

In the wee hours of Friday morning, Israel launched not merely a string of attacks on Iran, as had been the case with recent incursions, but the start of an all-out war, whose goal seems to be the destruction of not just the country’s nuclear facilities but also its military command and, possibly, the Islamic regime itself. The question now is what happens next. Iran has pledged to inflict “severe punishment” against Israel, but its first retaliatory strike, involving 100 drones, did little if any damage. Will Iran soon launch hundreds of ballistic missiles, as it has in the past? Will this trigger a wider war in the region? Will the U.S. get pulled into the fight, despite President Donald Trump’s deep reluctance to get directly involved in a war? And how will Israel’s campaign—by far the largest and most ambitious it has ever mounted against Iran—reshape the dynamics of the entire Middle East?

Special Report

Look No Further Than The Straits

June 14, 2025

Image

Special Report

Good Cop Bad Cop

June 12, 2025

Image

Top News Stories

Trump: Great job by National Guard in LA

June 8, 2025

United States President Donald Trump said the National Guard is doing a “great job” in Los Angeles after he deployed it there to quell protests against his administration’s handling of immigrants. However, the New York Times reported that no members of the National Guard have been seen in the area. Trump accused California Governor Gavin Newsom and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass of being “incompetent” in dealing with the demonstrations. He also claimed the protests were started by “instigators and often paid troublemakers” and said that demonstrators will not be allowed to wear masks.

nn: elon are you paying attention?

Image

Top News Stories

Trump says Iran should ‘stop enriching’

June 7, 2025

United States President Donald Trump threatened that if Iran did not stop enriching uranium, the US would stop it “the other way” during an interview on Air Force One.

When asked about comments made by Ayatollah Khomeini that Iran has to enrich uranium, Trump responded, saying that “no, they won’t be enriching,” because “if they enrich, then we’re going to have to do it the other way.”

Image

Top News Stories

Oil Bulls Bite Back as Prices Defy Expectations

June 4, 2025

  • OPEC+ confirmed another 411,000 bpd production increase for July, but oil prices rose instead of falling.
  • Additional supply disruptions from Alberta wildfires and strong seasonal demand expectations helped offset concerns over weaker Asian oil imports.
  • Analysts expect demand to rise into the summer, with ING and Goldman Sachs both citing tighter market conditions

OPEC+ did what everyone expected it to do last weekend, announcing another production ramp-up. Prices, however, did something that not everyone expected them to do: they went up. All eyes are now on demand—and the disruption of supply. The eight members of OPEC+ that were keeping their production of crude oil under restraints agreed on Saturday to add another 411,000 barrels daily to their combined total in July after making identical agreements for May and June. The news followed speculation reported by the media that the cartel could add more barrels this time just to teach everyone a lesson. That speculation had weakened prices. The OPEC+ decision essentially had no effect on them. But events that coincided with the OPEC+ meeting did have an effect.

First, there was the Ukrainian drone attack on targets within Russia. The attack prompted expectations of more, with the targets this time part of Russia’s oil infrastructure, leading to supply disruptions.

Then there is the U.S.-Iran nuclear deal, which just got more unlikely, with media reporting Iran was about to reject the latest proposal of the United States. This, in turn, means, that U.S. sanctions against the country will remain in place, notably the noose around Iran’s oil industry. Iran was not going to agree to completely halt its uranium enrichment activities, which the U.S. has proposed as a condition for reaching a deal, Reuters reported, so the prospect of a deal became distant again.To add to the bullish developments, wildfire season in Alberta has started prompting production shutdowns, to date affecting more than 340,000 barrels daily. This is equal to 7% of the total, Reuters noted, but it has been enough to fuel a price rally—and imply that demand for oil is healthier than many like to argue. Once again, oil market players were reminded that it’s not so important what this forecaster or another says about demand and how global supply exceeds it. It’s important what happens in the real, physical world, and in that world, demand for oil remains as robust as it has been since the end of the pandemic lockdowns, the gradual weakening of China’s appetite for crude notwithstanding. “Demand is set to pick up as we move into the summer months, suggesting prices are likely to remain relatively well supported,” ING commodity analysts wrote in a new note today, after earlier this week Goldman Sachs somewhat grudgingly acknowledged seasonal oil demand patterns that point to equally stronger prices ahead. “Relatively tight spot oil fundamentals, beats in hard global activity data, and seasonal summer support to oil demand suggest that the expected demand slowdown is unlikely to be sharp enough to stop raising production when deciding on August production levels on July 6th,” the bank said in a note Monday. 

Indeed, not only is geopolitics making oil bears nervous, but summer driving season is advancing, and the shock of Trump’s tariff-first approach to trade policies is subsiding.

Oil is currently quite affordable, which would stimulate demand, and its immediate supply outlook is uncertain, which often acts as fuel for prices. 

 

Special Report

Iran Must Be Stopped

June 3, 2025

Image

Special Report

The Devils Core

June 2, 2025

Image

Scroll to Top